The Finch Woods Pledge
Here at Finch Woods Academy we passionately believe that all pupils deserve to have access to a well-rounded and enriching education.
Approximately 80% of our pupils are in receipt of Pupil Premium and are disadvantaged. The borough of Knowsley is the 2nd most deprived borough in England. The high levels of poverty and deprivation can mean that our pupils do not always have the chance to experience the world around them and to experience things more affluent families would have the chance to do. For example surveys of incoming pupils show the majority of pupils have never visited a restaurant, the seaside, a different city or travelled abroad. As a school we believe that for pupils to have a true sense of wellbeing they need to understand the wider world.
We concentrate Pupil Premium spending in this area to ensure all pupils, regardless of background, are able to take part in vital life experiences to expand their horizons.
We pledge that all pupils will experience the following:
- A residential experience
- Attend a live theatre production or concert
- Visit a library / art gallery / museum
- Walk to the top of a mountain
- Attend a live sports event
- Read a Shakespeare play
- Listen to a classical piece of music
- Organise a fundraising event for charity
- A residential / cultural visit abroad
- Attend work experience
- Be interviewed for college or a job
- Participate in an inter school competition
- Attend a First Aid course
- Visit the capital city
- Visit a theme park
- Learn how to grow plants / look after animals
- Go camping and canoeing
- Meet people from different cultures