THE FINCH WOODS OFFER & Intent
We aim to provide the highest quality teaching and learning opportunities, a carefully planned broad and enriching curriculum along with personalised care and support to provide all pupils with the chance to gain qualifications, social skills and self confidence for a happy and fulfilling future.
Many pupils come to us in crisis after experiencing significant educational difficulties, long periods of non-attendance, exclusions and disengagement. We are skilled at building positive relationships with pupils displaying challenging behaviour and work exceptionally hard to break down barriers to learning and give all pupils the chance to achieve.
Pupils have the opportunity to achieve a range of GCSE’s, functional skills and other qualifications with us at Key Stage 4 and are supported to plan for post 16 options through careers education, advice and guidance, work experience and vocational learning.
The school is vibrant and lively with many extra-curricular and SMSC events taking place throughout the year including the Finch Woods Pledge, and residential visits.
We want Finch Woods Pupils to:
- Be highly literate and numerate
- Be confident
- Able to communicate and socialise successfully in a variety of situations and settings
- Have the qualifications needed to access future education, employment, training opportunities
- Be independent and resilient
- Understand the world around them and have empathy for others including those from different race, religion, backgrounds or cultures
- Know how to keep themselves healthy & safe
- Develop a sense of fun and humour and be able to fully enjoy life