The second week in March 2020 saw a monumental landmark for Finch Woods Academy, a school trip to New York! After a year of planning, researching and fundraising, staff and pupils set off on the 11am flight from Heathrow heading to the Big Apple. Over the three day trip the main aim was to experience and visit as many places as we could in this once in a lifetime experience.
The moment we stepped out of JFK airport we faced our first problem. Mr Johnson left his case inside the airport and was refused re-entry!! After that the trip went without a hitch!
Our hotel was by Times Square so we were in walking distance of all the main attractions and places to visit and close to a hop on hop off tourist bus stop. Some of the highlights were:
- 911 memorial museum
- A boat trip to the Statue of Liberty
- A sight-seeing bus tour
- Going to the top of the Rockefeller Centre
- Going to the top of the Empire State Building in the light and watching night fall and the bright lights of New York appear
- Bike hire in Central Park
- A ride in a yellow cab
- Eating out at some amazing restaurants
Thank you to the staff and pupils and all those who donated for making this such a memorable trip. See a video and some photos of our trip below.