Who we are
Finch Woods Link is an educational provision for young people of school age with an EHCP for social, emotional and mental health difficulties. It is targeted at children who cannot access a Finch Woods school place for whatever reason e.g. if the school is already at full capacity or if the school environment is unsuitable for the child.
Each pupil has an individualised plan and timetable for their education. This timetable is devised with the pupil and family and the child has access to 1:1 or small group tuition. We do this to give them the best opportunity to achieve in a setting that meets their needs.
Staff at the Link:
Manger/ Teacher: Mrs Pye
Teaching Assistant: Mrs Rodaway
Teaching Assistant: Mr Thomas
What we do
Finch Woods Link ensures that pupils’ educational needs are met and that they have every opportunity to gain qualifications in Maths and English as well as receiving a broad range of experiences to enhance their curriculum.
We will help you to:
- Develop confidence and self esteem
- Gain qualifications (functional skills and GCSEs)
- Develop new practical skills (construction, mechanics, hair and beauty etc.)
- Improve behaviour and anger management (with opportunities for rewards for good behaviour and engagement)
- Plan your future and secure a job, college place or apprenticeship post 16
We try to ensure that all pupils have at least one other experience of alternative education. We work closely with alternative provisions and ensure that they can provide a safe learning environment for our pupils. Pupils can receive alternative education in the following areas:
- Hair and beauty
Discover new skills
At the Link we will always try our best to help you find your hidden talents! This includes:
- Discovering new skills and enjoying trying new things
- Developing and improving your English and Maths skills
- Enjoying extracurricular activities (e.g. Art & Photography, Preparation for Working Life, Careers, Sports and Outdoor Education)
- And even just having a cuppa and a chat
Take a look at some of the things we get up to at the Link: