Behaviour Outreach Service
Finch Woods Academy is Knowsley’s SEMH special school and is now providing a bespoke Behaviour Outreach Service in partnership with the local authority to all schools in Knowsley.
The purpose of the Outreach Service is to support inclusive practice in schools and to help manage challenging behaviour within school settings.
The Outreach Service has been running since 2017 and, in that time period, has provided support to pupils and staff in 51 schools across Knowsley, Halton and Liverpool.
Behaviour Outreach is provided by a team of highly trained and experienced SEMH teachers and HLTA’s. The outreach offer to schools includes:
- Observation and assessment of the child within the school setting
- Work with individual or small groups of pupils
- Advice on and support interventions
- Give advice and support for the reintegration and inclusion of pupils
- Observe whole classes and offer strategies to support staff
- Review school behaviour policies
- Assess where behaviour is having an impact on the progress of children
- Provide training in Attachment, Mental Health and Positive Behaviour Management for – whole school, teaching staff, lunchtime supervisors, teaching assistants, learning mentors, cover supervisors, foster carers and parents
- Advise on and support children who require help with anger management
- Assist with managing challenging behaviour
- Help with writing effective Behaviour for Learning Plans
- Promote Behaviour for Learning
The outreach service is currently fully funded for local authority schools. For Academies, there is a charge of £395 per pupil to be supported. Training packages can be priced on a bespoke basis.
The Behaviour Outreach Service is a Wave 2 Intervention in the Knowsley Behaviour Intervention Offer. Schools need to follow School Action, Wave 1 and then be referred by Link Inclusion Officer to Finch Woods Behaviour Outreach.
To access the Behaviour Outreach Service please contact:
Doug Stewart: email@example.com
Behaviour Outreach Feedback
“The work the outreach team has done with this child has enabled us as staff to understand the needs of this child in more depth and hence has been supportive and useful." Primary School 2021
"We felt that we were valued and supported to trial and error many strategies until we found what worked best. The review meetings were extremely helpful for they allowed us to discuss and brainstorm ideas with Doug. The feedback I would give parents/ carers is that this service really caters for each individual child. The service helps to support children to be the best they can be by having the child's emotional, social and personal needs at the heart of what they do." Primary School 2022
"Child A's engagement in the classroom has improved a lot following all the targets and additional support that has been put in place with the support of Charlotte and his increased attendance. His attainment is slowly increasing in all subjects and he is definitely participating more so during lessons. I have seen a big change in his emotional wellbeing. Child A now feels a lot more supported by members of staff and trusts that we are helping him manage these upsets or issues." Primary School 2022
“Thank you for helping Child A and not giving up on him” Parent