School Therapy Dog
Here at Finch Woods Academy we have a school therapy dog, Sonny, who’s presence in school has many benefits:
- •Helping to calm pupils down and turn around emotions when displaying low mood, anxiety or challenging behaviour.
- Able to take part in Literacy lessons as part of the Bark2read scheme, pupils can read to the dog without feeling self conscious.
- Used as a reward for pupils to walk and play with him.
- Interact with the dog and develop social skills, patience and empathy and an appreciation of animals.
- Pupils can take part in obedience training , dog handling and dog agility sessions.
- Make the school day and curriculum more engaging and in turn improve attendance.
- Rescued from Cheshire Dogs home in February 2017. For more information on Cheshire Dogs home please visit www.dogshome.net
- 4 years old, lovely friendly temperament.
- Taking obedience classes and assessment to be certified therapy dog. For more information about therapy dogs please visit www.pets4homes.co.uk/pet-advice/all-about-therapy-dogs
- Parents have been informed, and there is a risk assessment and full insurance in place.